Like people and cars, our pets need an annual check-up, especially after the long winter months. Fetch! Pet Care, the nation’s leading group of professional pet sitters and dog walkers, is providing pet owners with this essential spring checklist that will help people ensure that their dog is ready to have a fantastic spring and summer season.
· Pick up the yard: Sticks, stones and pet waste will all need to be removed from your lawn. With a bag and a small shovel handy, clean the yard of any potential hazards.
· Groom properly: Dogs that shed are getting rid of their winter coat, and unless you start brushing them regularly, your furniture and clothes will become victim to embarrassing dog hair. It helps to get in a routine with the brushing—such as each night before bed.
· Get your Dog in shape: After months indoors, your dog’s stamina might be lacking, and like many of us, they might have put on a few pounds over the holidays. Take your dogs on shorter walks or runs to begin—followed by longer and longer ones. Use the spring to get them in shape for the summer. If you can’t find time for these daily walks, try calling your local Fetch! Pet Care.
· Safety First: To avoid potential issues with cars, people or other animals when walking, jogging, or running, use a harness on your dog instead of a collar. Make sure that the harness is snug, but not too tight, and frequently check your dog’s lead for any frays and impending breaks.
· Tend to your pet during Summer Break: It is never okay to leave your pet home alone while you are on vacation without someone to care for them. Making sure the house is cool and leaving extra food and water out is not the only answer. There are a countless number of things that can go wrong under this scenario – all of which will make for a very stress-filled vacation. It is most beneficial to your pet to get a trustworthy pet sitter.
More about Fetch! Pet Care:
Founded in 2002 and with over 1,800 service areas in the United States, FETCH! Pet Care is the pet sitting industry market leader – the new face of pet care in the 21st century. The company offers a humane alternative to kennel boarding by providing loving, in-home overnight and/or daily care to any kind of pet in the most professional and reliable manner possible. FETCH! Pet Care thoroughly selects, screens, trains and insures all of the pet sitters and dog walkers within its network. Entrepreneur magazine named the company among its coveted “Franchise 500” in both 2007 and 2008, and in January 2008 ranked the company as the nation’s 24th Top New Franchise. In September 2008, FETCH! Pet Care was awarded the rank of the 963rd fastest growing private company in the U.S. on the Inc. 5000 list. For more information, visit www.FetchPetCare.com or call 1-866-FETCH-ME.